Intern Architect at SBBL Architects
Use your computer rendering skills to help design exciting projects throughout the country. SBBL Architecture + Planning and Secrest Architecture are partnering to expand our ability to produce high quality graphics and design in a fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities for Intern Architect/Assistant Designer
a. Primary tasks:
- Work for the Design Architect in developing schematic designs and renderings/graphics (multiple iterations per project).
- Work from sketches, notes and other input to produce high quality, computer generated drawings and renderings.
- Assist in general design and aesthetics.
- Assist Design Architect in complying with milestone schedule for schematic design & design development.
b. Secondary tasks
- Assist project team in coordinating with clients, consultants, contractors, or vendors
- Assist with code research / analysis
- Assist with field surveying of existing conditions
- Assist in maintaining project files
- Contribute to one’s professional development by actively participating in programs which enhance knowledge, skills, and abilities
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor of Architecture degree
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Well versed in Revit, AutoCAD, Sketchup, Photoshop, Microsoft Office
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented.
- General construction documents skills.
- Team player
- Good verbal/written communication skills