Landscape Architecture Degree Program
Ron Stoltz, FASLA, is Professor of Landscape Architecture in the School of Landscape Architecture and Planning . He is the former School Director and current CAPLA Associate Dean. He is a Fellow with the American Society of Landscape Architects.
Before arrival at the University of Arizona in 2002, Ron taught at the University of Guelph, Canada for 27 years where, while teaching, he served in several university administrative capacities including from 1992-1997 as University Director of Teaching Support Services and Director of Instructional Development.
Ron was a founding partner of the Landplan Collaborative Ltd where he had direct design and construction responsibility for numerous projects throughout Canada.
He is the former President of the Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture (CELA), former Vice-President of the Landplan Collaborative Ltd., a national consulting firm in Canada, former Vice President for Education and Research of the Landscape Architecture Foundation (LAF), and has been a Visiting Professor at the California Polytechnic State University. He was appointed by the National Research Council of Canada as the Canadian landscape architectural representative to the Standards Council of Canada and the International Standards Organization (ISO).
Ron is the recipient of numerous teaching and leadership awards that include:
- Fellow, American Society of Landscape Architects, 2013
- Outstanding Arizona Landscape Architect, Arizona Chapter, ASLA, 2008-2009
- President’s Award, Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture
- Daryl Dobras Award, College of Architecture, Planning and Landscape Architecture, University of Arizona, 2003
- John Bell Award, the University of Guelph teaching and leadership recognition, 2001
- 3-M Teaching Fellowship, the highest award for teaching excellence and educational leadership in Canada, 1999
- CELA Outstanding Educator Award., Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture 1996
- Honorary Life Membership, University of Guelph Alumni Association, 1996
- Ontario Agricultural College Distinguished Teaching Award, 1994
- Honored Faculty Award from the California Polytechnic Sate University, 1991
- Honorary Life Membership in the Ontario Agricultural College Alumni Association, 1985
Ronald R. Stoltz, FASLA, FCELA was honored last night as he will be retiring after forty years of teaching landscape... Read More
Ronald R. Stoltz, FASLA, FCELA will be retiring after forty years of teaching landscape architecture at the university level... Read More
The University of Arizona was recognized this week by the Environmental Protection Agency for a proposed campus project to... Read More
MLA Professor Ron Stoltz with Graduate Research Assistants Deryn Davidson 3rd year MLA and Maria Voris Staudt MLA 2012 will... Read More