The Drachman Institute is committed to advancing equity, resilience, connection and belonging across the built environment through transformational interdisciplinary research, design and outreach partnerships.
The Drachman Institute is the community-based research and outreach arm of the College of Architecture, Planning and Landscape Architecture at the University of Arizona.
Drachman Institute Relaunches with Showcase Event and Appointment of Director Courtney Crosson
Assistant Professor of Architecture Courtney Crosson has been appointed director of the University of Arizona’s Drachman Institute by CAPLA Dean Nancy Pollock-Ellwand. Crosson's introduction was combined with a project showcase on April 13, 2022 in a "relaunch" of this important, community-focused institute.
Recent Drachman Institute Projects
Connect with the Drachman Institute
Faculty Executive Committee
- Laura Carr, Senior Lecturer in Architecture
- Kristina Currans, Assistant Professor of Urban Planning
- Helen Erickson, Project Director, Heritage Conservation Program
- Kenneth J. Kokroko, Assistant Professor of Landcape Architecture
- Oscar Lopez, Senior Lecturer in Architecture
- Eric D. Weber, Associate Professor of Architecture
- Diana E. Austin, Professor and Director, School of Anthropology, Research Anthropologist (BARA)
- Kathleen C. Insel, Professor and Chair, Biobehavioral Health Science Division, College of Nursing
Header image from Los Nopales, by Andrea Riehle '22 B Arch and Mehli Romero '22 B Arch, part of the GHLN-funded Urban Food Systems studio in concert with the Drachman Institute.