Prototyping with rubbers, plastics, resins, casting, spin casting, roto- casting, vacuum chambers etc
|Roto-caster||Spreads casting medium to complex formwork|
|Vacuum Chamber Jar||Extracting air bubbles form a cast|
|Dual Wheel polisher|
|Burn-out furnace||Burning out lost wax molds|
|Vacuum Forming machine||Technical Specifications|
The following are a series of safety rules and recommendations for the appropriate operation of the CNC machines. In order to maintain a safe work environment please follow them strictly.
- Long hair should be tied back prior to using the tools. Sandals and open shoes are not allowed. Neckties and bracelets should be removed.
- Students are expected to provide their own material.
- Only those tools and materials that have been pre-approved for use are allowed. Students must consult a monitor ahead of time.
- Students must verify their toolpaths and run a check in MadCam.
- All .NC files to be sent to the CNC machine must be created on an approved computer with the most recent post files installed.
- The Monitors will check for compliance with the above rules.