Minor in Sustainable Built Environments
The Sustainable Built Environments program is seeking students who have a passion for sustainability and a desire to make a difference.
If you are looking for a minor that will strengthen your understanding of sustainable design and planning and provide practical skills, consider the Minor in Sustainable Built Environments!
The Minor in Sustainable Built Environments consists of seven courses (18 credit hours) and is available both on Main Campus and The University of Arizona Online. The minor core provides a theoretical and applied foundation in sustainable design and planning, preparing you for advanced elective courses of your choice that align with your academic and career aspirations.
Minor in Sustainable Built Environments Curriculum & Course Requirements:
Minor Core (All Courses Required)
The minor core is available both in-person and fully online. You can now complete the entire SBE Minor Core online during the summer!
- SBE 195A Introduction to Sustainability (1 unit)
- SBE 195B Careers in Sustainability (1 unit)
- SBE 201 Sustainable Design & Planning (3 units)
- SBE 301 Introduction to Design Thinking (4 units)
Minor Electives (Three Courses Required)
Many minor elective courses are also available fully online.
- PLG 301 Introduction to Regional Planning (3 units)
- PLG 401A Introduction to Planning & Planning Theory (3 units)
- PLG 408 Planning for Urban Resilience (3 units)
- PLG 468 Urban Transportation Planning (3 units)
- PLG 472 Environmental Land Use Planning (3 units)
- PLG 497S Sustainable Development & New Urbanism (3 units)
- PLG 476 Land Development Process (3 units)
- LAR 440 Contemporary Landscape Architecture (2 units)
- LAR 420 Plant Materials (4 units)
- LAR 423 Landscape Ecology (3 units)
- ARC 461K Energy and the Environment (3 units)
- ARC 461D Computer Energy Analysis (3 units)
- ARC 461P Environmental Science Laboratory (3 units)
- ARC 471F Introduction to Conservation of Cultural Resources (3 units)
- RED 410 | Survey of Responsible Real Estate Development (3 units)
- RED 415 | Construction and Project Management (3 units)
- RED 401 | Introduction to Real Estate Finance (3 units)
- RED 409 | Due Diligence and Entitlements (3 units)
- RNR 448 Conservation Planning and Wildland Recreation (3 units)
For more information on declaring the Minor in Sustainable Built Environments, please email Sean Kramer, Student Academic Success Specialist, Sustainable Built Environments.
Sustainable Built Environments Information
- UA Main Campus Programs
- Fully-Online Programs
- Admission Requirements
- Careers and Alumni
- Core Faculty