Bachelor of Architecture
Unlike four-year undergraduate architectural programs, the University of Arizona's five-year B Arch degree allows you to pursue professional registration without further academic study once you graduate.
The Bachelor of Architecture is an accredited professional program in three phases, each separated by a milestone in which a portfolio of each candidate’s work is assessed for advancement:
- A foundation year devoted to basic design and representational skills, an introduction to history and theory of the built environment, fundamentals in physics and both hand-craft and digital skills.
- A 2.5-year professional core emphasizing individual skills and knowledge in five major areas: studio, history and theory, design communications, technology and practice.
- A 1.5-year research and applications phase in which students develop a research trajectory, take options studios to develop collaboration and complex design skills and ultimately demonstrate their individual visions in a year-long capstone project.
Need flexibility this fall?
iCourse sections will be available for the ARC 101 A/B Foundation studio and ARC 131A/B Thinking About Architecture lecture course. These rigorous, hands-on sections are designed for those who may not make it to campus or are delayed in returning this fall. Once you're ready to come to Tucson, we'll work with you to join an on-campus section. For additional information, please speak with your advisor.
Highly Ranked and Robust Design Education
Architectural studies at Arizona are balanced by a robust general education. The university requires three areas of general knowledge: individuals and societies, traditions and cultures, and natural sciences. These are enriched by open and architectural electives. Because the school has a strong commitment to general education and breadth of study outside architecture, the curriculum allows for the pursuit of a minor in another discipline.
The University of Arizona Bachelor of Architecture is a credential respected by design professionals throughout the region. Nationally, our B Arch program is ranked 24th by hiring professionals responding to polling by DesignIntelligence and it has been in the Top 25 for the last four years (and for six of the last eight).
- B Arch Curriculum
- B Arch Curriculum Milestones
- Accreditation Status and Professional Registration
- School of Architecture Studio Culture Policy
- University of Arizona, CAPLA and School of Architecture Forms, Policies and Procedures
March 1: Priority Deadline
May 3: Final Application Deadline
Join Us for an Information Session
We're hosting virtual information sessions throughout the summer. Learn more about the B Arch, BLA and BS Sustainable Built Environments from our recruiting and outreach coordinator. Visit our information session page to find a date that works for you and register: