Undergraduate Admissions

The College of Architecture, Planning and Landscape Architecture (CAPLA) offers two undergraduate degrees, the Bachelor of Architecture and the Bachelor of Science in Sustainable Built Environments. Each of these academic programs prepares students for any number of careers in the built environment including architectural design and construction, conservation, land development, energy optimization, or even software design.

For more information on either undergraduate program, please complete the Request for Information Form. 

Undergraduate admissions occur through the University of Arizona Undergraduate Admissions Office.

Frequently Asked Questions

The following information is provided as a guide to prospective undergraduate students. Should you have any additional questions please contact Luis Zozaya, CAPLA's recruitment and outreach coordinator. 

Information about curriculum, degree requirements and career outcomes is available for each program. 

No. You do not need a portfolio to apply.

Applicants for the Bachelor of Architecture program must meet the general grade point average requirements and course competencies for general University of Arizona admission. Those requirements are found on the Admissions website

Applicants for the Bachelor of Science in Sustainable Built Environments must meet general admission requirements for the University of Arizona; however, the degree requires a grade point average of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale for automatic acceptance into the program. The college will consider students with a GPA below 2.7 for admission upon review. 

General application requirements for the University of Arizona can be found here:

questions answered

Our Student Ambassadors are here to answer any questions you may have.

Email Now