Change of Major
Thank you for your interest in changing to a CAPLA undergraduate major in Architecture, Design Arts and Practices, Landscape Architecture or Sustainable Built Environments.
Approvals for change of major requests are not guaranteed, and instead will be based on available space in the program for that specific term.
If you are an admitted student who has not yet paid and/or interacted with the enrollment fee and would like to change your major, you can do so in the Next Steps Center. If you are an admitted student who has already paid and/or interacted with the enrollment fee, but has not yet attended classes, you must contact the correct advisor listed below.
Follow the process below to begin your change of major:
1. On this CAPLA website, navigate to Find the Right Program, which is located within the Academics section. From there, read through our programs to see which one is the best fit for you. We have three undergraduate programs:
- Bachelor of Architecture (B Arch)
* Students who would like to switch into the B Arch must have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA from the University of Arizona.
* Architecture remains a popular major, and there is limited space available each term. We encourage you to plan for an alternative major of your choice in the case that you are not offered a seat.
* Architecture is a 5-year program for all current students, and includes a Milestone point. Not all students advance beyond the Milestone. To read more about the Milestone, visit this link: https://capla.arizona.edu/academics/bachelor-architecture/curriculum-courses
- Bachelor of Arts in Design Arts and Practices (BA DAP)
- Bachelor of Landscape Architecture (BLA)
* Limited space available. No minimum GPA requirement.
- Bachelor of Science in Sustainable Built Environments (BS SBE)
2. Now that you have explored our undergraduate offerings, the next step is to fill out our interest form. This form places your name on our waitlist and allows us to contact you about your desired program. It may take up to 10 days for a CAPLA staff member to reach out to you about your submission. Thank you for your patience.
3. If you are accepted into CAPLA, you will meet with an academic advisor based on your program:
- Architecture: Sasha Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Design Arts and Practices: Tayler Mears, email@example.com
- Sustainable Built Environments and Landscape Architecture: Sean Kramer-Lazar, firstname.lastname@example.org