In the synthetics lab we work with rubbers, plastics, resins, casting, spin casting, roto- casting, vacuum chambers etc. Prototyping with rubbers, plastics, resins, casting, spin casting, roto- casting, vacuum chambers etc
- Roto-caster – Spreads casting medium to complex formwork
- Vacuum Chamber – Jar Extracting air bubbles form a cast
- Spin tables – 2
- Dual Wheel polisher
- Laminating press
- Vacuum Bag
- Burn-out furnace – Burning out lost wax molds
- Fume hood
- Vacuum Forming machine – Technical Specifications
The following are a series of safety rules and recommendations for the appropriate operation of the CNC machines. In order to maintain a safe work environment please follow them strictly.
- Long hair should be tied back prior to using the tools. Sandals and open shoes are not allowed. Neckties and bracelets should be removed.
- Students are expected to provide their own material.
- Only those tools and materials that have been pre-approved for use are allowed. Students must consult a monitor ahead of time.
- Students must verify their toolpaths and run a check in MadCam.
- All .NC files to be sent to the CNC machine must be created on an approved computer with the most recent post files installed.
- The Monitors will check for compliance with the above rules.