Professor of Landscape Architecture and Urban Planning
Bo Yang PhD, PLA ASLA AICP is a professor in the School of Landscape Architecture and Planning. Prior to joining the University of Arizona Bo taught at Utah State University and Texas A&M University. Bo holds a PhD in Urban and Regional Sciences and a Master of Landscape Architecture from Texas A&M University and a Master of Architecture and Bachelor of Architecture from Huazhong University of Science and Technology in China. Bo has professional experiences in multidisciplinary firms (architecture, planning, and landscape architecture) in China and the United States (e.g., SWA Group, HNTB). His areas of interest are green infrastructure design and low-impact development, landscape performance assessment, environmental planning and technology, and landscape history and theory in China and East Asia. His research has been funded by the National Science Foundation, U.S. Geological Survey, Landscape Architecture Foundation, National Natural Science Foundation of China and others. He has published in premier academic journals, including Landscape and Urban Planning, Ecological Engineering, Landscape Research and Ecological Indicators, and is currently assistant editor of Landscape Research (Routledge). Bo is a registered landscape architect (Utah) and a member of the American Institute of Certified Planners.
• Yang, B., Young, R. (Eds.). (2019). Ecological Wisdom: Theory and Practice. Springer-Nature
• Yang B (2018) Landscape performance: Ian McHarg’s ecological planning in The Woodlands, Texas. Routledge
• Canfield J, Yang B, Whitlow H (2018). Evaluating Landscape Performance: A Guidebook for Metrics and Methods Selection. Landscape Architecture Foundation, Washington DC
• Yang B (2019) Landscape performance evaluation in socio‑ecological practice: current status and prospects. Socio-Ecological Practice Research, https://doi.org/10.1007/s42532-019-00039-x
• Yang, B., Li, S.-J. (2019). Blending project goals and performance goals in ecological planning: Ian McHarg’s contributions to landscape performance evaluation. Socio-Ecological Practice Research, 1, 209-225.
• Cheng, M. Dai, F., Yang, B., & Zhu, S.-W. (2019). Assessing the effects of urban green infrastructure morphological pattern on PM2.5 in the neighborhoods of five Chinese megacities. Building and Environment, 158, 1-15.
• Cheng, M. Dai, F., Yang, B., & Zhu, S.-W. (2019). Evaluating the effects of neighborhood green space on PM2.5 mitigation: Evidence from five megacities in China. Building and Environment, 156, 33-45.
• Flint, C., Jackson-Smith, D., Yang, B., & Dean, T. (2019). Transdisciplinary Socio-Scientific Practice: Lessons Learned from Social and Engineering Water Science. Socio-Ecological Practice Research, 1(1), 55-66.