School of Architecture
Preparing students to address the grand challenges of today and tomorrow.
The School of Architecture at the University of Arizona is devoted to professional education, innovative research and community service with a sensibility honed by the conditions of an extreme climate.
Vision: The School of Architecture at the University of Arizona has the following aspirations:
- We are designers, researchers, and innovators.
- We are scholars and practitioners.
- We are inclusive, interdisciplinary, collaborative and diverse.
- We foster agency, stewardship, responsibility and professionalism.
- We are adaptive and empathetic.
- We are engaged locally and globally.
- We use tactile learning and experimentation.
- We embrace a multi-method design approach.
We offer interactive, immersive and engaged educational programs: Bachelor of Architecture, Master of Architecture and Master of Science in Architecture, plus the undergraduate Minor in Architectural History and Theory.
School News & Headlines
Our Academic Programs
CAPLA Design/Build involves students in hands-on, real-world projects they design and then build under the guidance of School of Architecture faculty, centered around the belief that learning by doing is a powerful method of gaining knowledge.
Student Work, Awards & Profiles
Faculty Research & Practice
Materials Labs and Model Lab
CAPLA's state-of-the-art Materials Labs comprise 9,000 square feet dedicated to model-building and fabrication using metals, wood, concrete, ceramics, glass and plastics. Equipment includes CNC tools, robotics, lasers, 3D printers and woodworking tools for digital and analog fabrication.