Professor Emeritus of Landscape Architecture
Ron Stoltz FASLA, FCELA is professor emeritus of landscape architecture in the School of Landscape Architecture and Planning. He is the former school director and CAPLA associate dean.
Before arrival at the University of Arizona in 2002, Ron taught at the University of Guelph, Canada for 27 years where, while teaching, he served in several university administrative capacities including from 1992-1997 as University Director of Teaching Support Services and Director of Instructional Development.
He is the former president of the Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture (CELA), former vice-president of the Landplan Collaborative Ltd., a national consulting firm in Canada, and vice-president for education and research of the Landscape Architecture Foundation (LAF). He was appointed by the National Research Council of Canada as the Canadian landscape architectural representative to the Standards Council of Canada and the International Standards Organization (ISO).
At UArizona, his major teaching responsibilities were in landscape architecture design, site engineering and landscape construction.
Ron is the recipient of numerous teaching and leadership awards that include:
- Fellow, American Society of Landscape Architects, 2013
- Fellow, Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture, 2006
- Outstanding Arizona Landscape Architect, Arizona Chapter, ASLA, 2008-2009
- President’s Award, Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture
- Daryl Dobras Award, College of Architecture, Planning and Landscape Architecture, University of Arizona, 2003
- John Bell Award, the University of Guelph teaching and leadership recognition, 2001
- 3-M Teaching Fellowship, the highest award for teaching excellence and educational leadership in Canada, 1999
- Outstanding Educator Award., Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture 1996
- Honorary Life Membership, University of Guelph Alumni Association, 1996
- Ontario Agricultural College Distinguished Teaching Award, 1994
- Honored Faculty Award from the California Polytechnic State University, 1991
- Honorary Life Membership in the Ontario Agricultural College Alumni Association, 1985