BS Sustainable Built Environments Career Outlook
The BS Sustainable Built Environments prepares students to compete in the 21st century globalized economy.
Our graduates are employed as designers in architecture firms, designers and managers of renewable and other energy systems, managers within nonprofit organizations, leaders in government agencies and corporations offering sustainability-focused products or services and as researchers. Others go on to continue their education in a graduate degree program.
Sustainability Career Insights
With an SBE degree, you‘ll be prepared for these and many other careers:
- Urban planner
- Architectural designer
- Renewable energy systems designer or manager
- Landscape designer
- Environmental researcher
- Sustainability and resilience specialist
Significant Projected Demand for Careers in Environmental Sustainability
If your career plan involves caring for the planet, there’s good news: the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects rapid job growth in occupations related to helping the environment or conserving natural resources.
Internships and Career Prep
The SBE program will prepare you for life after graduation. In addition to professional communications courses and CAPLA’s interactive Job Interview Fair, you’ll select from one of three options during your final year of study:
- A practicum with a non-governmental agency/nonprofit organization that is consistent with your declared concentration
- An internship with a professional firm or consultancy
- Main campus students may opt to pursue graduate studies through the Accelerated Master’s Program option at the University of Arizona