A new rowhouse, designed and built by undergraduate students as part of CAPLA Design/Build, proved to be the "perfect fit" for a student EMS team. The rowhouse, which is the first of several under design and construction, opened in Summer 2020.
Designed by Class of 2019 B Arch and M Arch students, constructed by Class of 2020 B Arch and M Arch students under the guidance of Professor of Architecture Mary Hardin and completed this summer, the South Stadium Rowhouse 1 is the first of five CAPLA Design/Build rowhouses.
Designed by CAPLA Assistant Professor of Architecture Christopher Trumble and Washington University in St. Louis Associate Professor of Urban Design Linda Samuels and built with CAPLA students and others, CITY High School's Sustainability Laboratory and Urban Garden (SLUG) converted an unusable alleyway into a dynamic, multipurpose space.
The Drachman Design-Build Coalition Residence 4 is a three-bedroom, two-bathroom residence of 1200 square feet in area. This residence combines thermal mass Integra-block with light gauge steel frame plus insulation.
The Drachman Design-Build Coalition Residence 3 is a three-bedroom, two-bathroom residence of 1200 square feet in area. The main building features include two courtyards that allow natural light and ventilation to reach all habitable spaces, a sliding wall panel that enables reconfiguration of interior space, a super-insulated building envelope, and innovative use of polycarbonate sheathing.
The Trombe Wall House is a three bedroom, 2 bath residence of 1300 square feet in area. It was designed and constructed by School of Architecture faculty (Mary Hardin and David Bullaro) and students in 2013-2014.
Drachman Design-Build Coalition (DDBC) Residence 6 is a three-bedroom, two-bath residence of 1200 square feet in area. It was designed and constructed by School of Architecture faculty Mary Hardin and Bil Taylor and students in 2011-2012.
Drachman Design-Build Coalition Residence 7 (Sentinel House) is a three-bedroom, two-bath dwelling of 1300 sq. ft. It was designed and constructed by School of Architecture faculty and students.